From my earliest memories, I have struggled with depression. In 2011, I learned that my struggle was not normal and that I did not have to live a life of sadness and desperation.
In order to make changes, I needed to understand what had gone wrong. Therapy helped me discover subconscious beliefs that negatively affected my entire outlook on life. Since I’ve understood the lies I had believed, I’ve worked to replace the false beliefs with truth. For 31 days, I’m going to share with you the lessons learned in my journey through therapy. I hope
The individual posts in this series are linked below. Any posts that are not linked are planned but not published.
- Lesson 1: We all have subconscious beliefs.
- Lesson 2: Every woman is unique.
- Lesson 3: I do not have to be perfect to be loved.
- Lesson 4: I am not always responsible when something goes wrong.
- Lesson 5: Taking more than my share of responsibility hurts others.
- Lesson 6: I cannot love others if I do not love myself.
- Lesson 7: Taking care of myself is good and right.
- Lesson 8: I will find in the world what I expect to find, good or bad.
- Lesson 9: An enemy does not lurk within every friend.
- Lesson 10: I can choose to trust one day at a time.
- Lesson 11: Boundaries are healthy.
- Lesson 12: I can choose whether to accept or reject others’ criticism.
- Lesson 13: Reversed boundaries let in the bad and keep out the good.
- Lesson 14: Negative emotions are not bad emotions.
- Lesson 15: Fear cripples.
- Lesson 16: Fear steals.
- Lesson 17: Growth is painful but worth it.
- Lesson 18: Lessons learned must be put into practice to make any difference.
- Lesson 19: I am responsible to others, not for others.
- Lesson 20: It is a waste of time and energy to worry about what you can’t control.
- Lesson 21: Talking about what is bothering you prevents the problem from growing and festering.
- Lesson 22: I am responsible for telling people when I feel negatively toward them.
- Lesson 23: Everyone has triggers.
- Lesson 24: My experience is not the same as everyone else’s.
- Lesson 25: Questioning is a sign of curiosity and intelligence.
- Lesson 26: Viewing your parents as people shows maturity.
- Lesson 27: People treat me the way I teach them to treat me.
- Lesson 28: Focus on strengths; be aware of weaknesses.
- Lesson 29: Learn from the past, but don’t live in it.
- Lesson 30: Giving up too early hurts not only myself but also others.
- Lesson 31: Progress does not always occur in a continuous straight line.
Hope & Love Via EmailSign Me Up!